Residential Solar Panel Installation in Norwalk
Helping Connecticut & Westchester County Go Green
As a Connecticut resident, you understand how it feels to experience the third-highest utility rates in North America (trailing only Hawaii and Alaska). It is expensive, and you despise it, to say the least. PurePoint Energy's local solar energy experts are familiar with your utility company and can help lower your energy costs and consumption.
Our Norwalk residential solar panel services include:
- Solar for homes
- Solar for carports
- Solar for electric car charging
- Solar panel repair
Increase Your Home’s Worth with Solar
Besides reducing utilities and lowering your carbon footprint, another huge benefit of having PurePoint Energy install your solar array is the value that it will add to your property. Our systems are engineered and built using the best products available to the public, and our workmanship is top of the line. You can count on us to never cut corners. Our attention to detail enables us to install the most aesthetically pleasing systems, which further serves as a major home improvement.
How Do Residential Solar Panels Work?
A solar panel is made up of photovoltaic cells that are designed to absorb the sun’s energy. That energy generates direct current (DC) electricity. A panel’s solar inverter then converts the DC electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is what is used to power most home appliances. The AC energy is then sent to the home’s electrical panel and distributed throughout the house to power your electrical devices.
The excess electricity produced by the solar panels is either distributed to the electric grid or diverted into a battery storage container you have installed on your property. The power stored in a solar battery can be used to provide electricity during a power outage or when the sun isn’t shining.
The Time for Solar Is Now!
There has never been a better opportunity for installing a solar energy system in your home. There are many government incentives available, such as federal tax breaks, increasing the affordability of solar.
Just a few of the solar incentives available for residential properties include:
- Cash Rebates are available and will depend on the size of your solar panel installation.
- On top of a 26% Federal Tax Credit, homeowners can also receive property and sales tax exemption for solar electric systems.
We also have financing options available.
A couple of our financing options include:
- SunPower Lease: This is typically a 20-year term. SunPower owns and maintains the system while the host benefits from the clean solar energy at a fixed-rate, much lower than the local utility retail rates. Due to the fixed-rate, customers are not subject to the fluctuating rates of their utility provider. There is usually no upfront cost to lease, and you see savings immediately. There is also a true 25-year warranty that includes a production guarantee. This option is transferable to the new homeowner if the property is ever sold.
- SunPower Loan: The loan allows one to buy the system outright. Unlike the lease, you own the system once it is paid in full. The benefits of clean solar energy are had for the life of the system, which is typically 40+ years. As the owner of the system, you are responsible for maintenance, but you will have peace of mind knowing you have SunPower’s awesome 25-year “bumper-to-bumper” warranty, as well as PurePoint Energy right in your backyard for system diagnostics and repair. The loan has a $0 down option with flexible repayment terms up to 25 years that allow one to see savings from day one, similar to the lease.
If you are not looking to invest, or rather not have any upfront cost in going solar, our solar company can help you start saving from day one with no money out of pocket. If your home is situated in a way that can benefit from the sun’s rays, our Connecticut solar panel installation experts can help you find the right solar solution.
Energy Storage for Residential Properties
Here in the Northeast, we can experience extreme weather conditions, both winter and tropical storms. From nor’easters and blizzards, to severe thunder storms and hurricanes. As a result, we can experience frequent power outages. There is a green and efficient way to protect your family and home against these outages. Having a backup battery unit to store and supply power so that you are never without is the way of the future. With a backup battery, your lights don’t go off, the security system stays on, you won’t lose internet connection, and your electronics can remain in use. This is especially important for homes with life-saving medical devices that depend on electricity. The system detects the outage right away and immediately switches the power over to the battery.
In addition to not losing power, your home becomes more self-reliant. With a battery and solar system combined for example, you now have a complete home energy solution that can potentially supply 100% of your energy needs. Imagine powering your home during the day with clean energy produced by the sun, while also charging your battery which will be used at night when the sun is no longer out. You can switch back and forth between the two energy solutions, relying less on the utility grid. In fact, the utility grid now becomes your backup source of power which you may rarely ever need. Your electricity bill is reduced dramatically. You may only find yourself paying a connection fee every month and $0 in supply charges.
Aside from being green, battery systems are also easier to install, quiet (making little to no noise), and require far less maintenance compared to a traditional whole house generator. Even the top manufacturer of whole house generators are getting into the battery business because it makes more economical sense. Backup batteries are just more practical when designing sustainable homes for our future.
Call Now for Solar Panel Installation for Your Norwalk Home
Since 2007, PurePoint Energy has been leading the charge to make Connecticut a greener, healthier, and more sustainable place to live. Contact our Connecticut residential solar panel installation experts today! We’ve helped homeowners throughout the state who want to transform the way they live, while also taking advantage of the lucrative solar financial incentives.
Get in touch with PurePoint Energy to request a free consultation for solar installationin Connecticut, Westchester County & Norwalk.