Solar Sales Manager Description
PurePoint Energy provides high performance solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities and the planet a better place. We take care of the details so that our clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades to come. In 2015, we were recognized as one of the top 3 solar companies in Connecticut and we were recognized as one of the top 500 solar companies in the United States.
We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
PurePoint Energy is currently searching for a Solar Sales Manager. You are someone who loves to manage people. You are a coach, mentor and bring out the best in people. You thrive at setting goals and helping people achieve their goals. You run our sales meetings and have your finger on the Key Sales Indicators to build on what works and evolve what doesn’t work. Your integrity cannot be compromised. You care about our team members, our customers and the planet. You care about doing things the right way. You build upon an already great culture to hit exponential results.
- 5+ years of combined solar sales/management experience required
- Exceptional sales and/or business development experience
- Reliable car for transportation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail
- Motivated by career advancement, high-income potential, and making a positive impact in their community.
- Experience holding team accountable
- Experience knowing when to cut team members who aren’t to standards
- Experience bridging the gap between sales and operations teams
- Teach skills to self-generate appointments in addition to some verified appointments
- Ensure the sales team keeps in touch with all of their clients and closes their leads in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with our financing options and train the sales team on how to fit a customer for the best financing options for them
- Developing a strong sales team through motivation, counseling and product knowledge education
- Set sales goals for team and assure they achieve them
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team
- Update Key Sales Indicators Weekly
- Run a weekly sales meeting
- Have development meetings weekly with direct reports
- Build and document systems
- Track and build habits
- Continually recruit and maintain 5 star sales people
- Maintain and build your own book of commercial and industrial accounts in addition to managing the sales force
- Extremely detailed and organized and ability to process improve
- Great problem solving skills and good judgment
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the solar industry
- Patient, calm, and have a positive demeanor while managing others
- Have a sense of urgency and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively prioritize, multi-task, and manage time well
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat, MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week
- Valid Driver’s License
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.