Solar Installer Description
PurePoint Energy provides high performance solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities and the planet a better place. We take care of the details so that our clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades to come. In 2015, we were recognized as one of the top 3 solar companies in Connecticut and we were recognized as one of the top 500 solar companies in the United States.
We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
PurePoint Energy is currently searching for a Solar Installer who can be a strong addition to our team. You care about doing things the right way the first time. You don’t cut corners and you care about craftsmanship and how things look. You are good with people and can coordinate with customers to make sure that they end up getting what they want. You’re always up for learning so that you can be the best at what you do. You’re comfortable giving constructive feedback to both the management team and the installation team - because we all have the same goals of legendary customer service and high performance solar projects.
- Assemble, install and maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs and other structures
- Follow a set of solar plans in order to complete the install properly and safely.
- Tasks will include measuring, cutting, and assembling the racking structure.
- The installation of other solar equipment which can include roof attachments and conduit along with affixing solar modules to framing
- Work closely on site with the job forman/lead on the project
- Assist with testing system and closing out install, including cleaning job site
- At times asked to take pre install site photos and verify if a layout will fit
- Help with maintaining inventory and keeping company vehicles and warehouse organized
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with solar technology, experience with SolarEdge equipment and AC modules preferred
- Working knowledge of construction and/or roofing
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Commitment to using all safety gear correctly and at required times.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn and participate in training
- Comfortable working on roofs, in high or tight areas and pride in workmanship
- Must successfully complete background screening
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to drive Company vehicle
- Ability to work in high places and climb ladders.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulders
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.