Solar Forman / Team Lead Description
PurePoint Energy provides high performance solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities and the planet a better place. We take care of the details so that our clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades to come. In 2015, we were recognized as one of the top 3 solar companies in Connecticut and we were recognized as one of the top 500 solar companies in the United States.
We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
PurePoint Energy is currently searching for a Solar Forman or Team Lead. You care about doing things the right way the first time. You don’t cut corners and you care about craftsmanship and how things look. You are good with people and can coordinate with customers to make sure that they end up getting what they want. You’re always up for learning so that you can be the best at what you do. You’re comfortable giving constructive feedback to both the management team and the installation team - because we all have the same goals of legendary customer service and high performance solar projects.
- Manage an install team and oversee jobsite installation by providing leadership, training and technical expertise for the installation of photovoltaic solar systems
- Read plans and blueprints and manage the installation from start to finish
- Walk customer through the installation process and system once completed. Act as point of contact on site to field questions from customers.
- Communicate with project manager on project status and issues.
- Connect solar system wiring, including combiner box, and AC disconnect to main service panel so that system can operate
- Commission electrical equipment; test and repair
- Verify system is connected to internet and monitoring is up and running
- Assist with site preparation and clean up
- Identify and correct electrical safety hazards associated with installations
- Perform service panel upgrades on residential property
- Mentor and develop the install team
- Drive to and from job site
- Must be comfortable with heights and working in variable weather conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and work on roofs or in tight spaces
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to lead a team, a team player with good customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Good working knowledge of NEC code and residential wiring
- Must be able to bend conduit
- Must successfully complete drug and background screening
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to drive Company vehicle
- Ability to work in high places and climb ladders.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulders
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.