Solar Electrician / O&M Electrician
PurePoint Energy provides high performance solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities and the planet a better place. We take care of the details so that our clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades to come. In 2015, we were recognized as one of the top 3 solar companies in Connecticut and we were recognized as one of the top 500 solar companies in the United States.
We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
You care about doing things the right way the first time. You don’t cut corners and you care about craftsmanship and how things look. You are good with people and can coordinate with customers to make sure that they end up getting what they want. You’re always up for learning so that you can be the best at what you do. You’re comfortable giving constructive feedback to both the management team and the installation team - because we all have the same goals of legendary customer service and high performance solar projects.
- Perform maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories
- Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components
- Evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design and other purposes
- Provide on-site, Tier 1 troubleshooting for solar systems
- Collaborate closely with engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Provide training to customers about process, usage, and maintenance
- Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicate and document progress to customer and relevant PurePoint employees
- Document key communications in appropriate PurePoint software
- Develop positive and professional relationships with channel partners and service only providers
- Develop knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
- Complete quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines
- Maintain compliance with all PurePoint Safety policies and practices
- Assist on the install of solar electric systems.
- Residential/General Electrician license required
- Minimum of 3+ years electrical experience required, with 3+ years in the solar electric industry preferred
- Formal apprenticeship and/or vocational training
- Must possess a current, valid Driver's license
- Must be willing to travel for some projects
- Very strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
- Must successfully complete background screening
- Projects a professional appearance
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulders
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.