Project Manager Description
PurePoint Energy provides high performance solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities and the planet a better place. We take care of the details so that our clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades to come.
We have been recognized as one of the top 3 solar companies in Connecticut and one of the top 500 solar companies in the United States. We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck, but someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
The ideal candidate is energetic, motivated, organized and has integrity. You have been described as a “go-getter.” Your written and oral communications are clear, friendly and convey the PurePoint Energy brand. You have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes.
We are a small company and this role is truly dynamic. Here are some of your typical responsibilities:
- Coordinating with team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of impacts on schedule and budget.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Facilitating communication between sales team, installation team, local permit offices, distributors, and customers in order to install a quality system.
Managing a multitude of different phases of projects, and easily transition from one task to another.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Computer Literate
- Exceptional written skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage many projects and tasks in a high pace environment
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing schedule for projects assigned to you and leading your assigned projects through the PM pipeline stages.
- Communicate with clients for onboarding, project scheduling and other related communication that is needed.
- Responsible for determining project permitting requirements and working with towns and city departments in order to get project through permitting process.
- Collect the structural information needed to send to our 3rd party structural engineering team for approval and/or coordinate with an engineer who can collect the information on site.
- Complete plan sets or submit plans for drafting of plans with our 3rd party team(s).
- Complete your assigned project’s bill of materials and order project equipment.
- Schedule installs with subcontracting teams and manage install for your projects.
- Complete project’s utility interconnection applications and submit to the appropriate utility.
- Help manage inventory.
- Coordinate and set up inspections needed for project approval and permission to operate.
- Take delivery of equipment when needed. Bring equipment to and from job sites when needed and manage trash removal when needed.
- Issue subcontractor agreements on a per project basis.
- Complete final state project paperwork along with making sure all project close out documentation is completed.
- No On Dies. All work is to be done safely.
- All work will be performed in accordance with all government laws, regulations, ordinances, and court rulings in those jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- All routine work will be documented in an operations manual. The information included in the operations manual is proprietary.
- All work will be performed according to company policies and standards inherent in all position agreements, system action plans, employee manuals, ongoing policy memoranda, and facilities and dress codes.
- Client and company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
- All telephone calls, both internal and external, will be returned within one business day and within two hours whenever possible.
- Manager will be notified in an exception report of any issues to be resolved or deadlines that cannot be met by reporting person, prior to the due date.
- All innovation will be quantified, tested, and improved, then documented for routine implementation (i.e. well orchestrated once proven).
- Problems with any system must be brought to the attention of manager in an exception report so the system can be improved, within the structure of the operations manual.
- All policy memoranda indicating changes in policy and/or procedure will be stored in each employee’s operations manual, until the time an updated procedure is provided.
- Employees will provide staff assistance as requested; each employee may be asked from time to time to cover other areas of accountability and/or departments.
- All business communications, whether verbal, visual, or written, whether for internal or external use, will be professional in tone and content and in accordance with applicable and existing company policies and standards.
- Employees will respect each other’s time, space and need for concentration. Socializing and interruptions must not impede workflow.
- Employees will have weekly, regularly-scheduled meetings with their manager.
- Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the improvement of their department and position that are consistent with the company’s Vision Statement.
- $50,000 - $65,000 Depending on experience.
- Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation and working at a great company while making the planet a better place!
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.