Commercial Solar Business Development Manager
PurePoint Energy provides high performance, commercial and custom residential
solar electric projects that make our client's lives, our communities,
and the planet a better place. We take care of every detail, so that our
clients are delighted with the experience today and the results for decades
to come. Since 2015, we have consistently been recognized as one of the
top 3 solar companies in Connecticut as well as one of the top 300 solar
companies in the United States.
We are a small company that is growing and out to achieve big results. We are looking for someone that is not just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for someone who is excited about making a positive impact on the world.
The ideal candidate is energetic, motivated, innovative and has integrity. You have been described as a “go-getter”. Building relationships and connecting people comes naturally. Your written and oral communications are clear, friendly and convey the PurePoint Energy brand. You will be based out of our office, here in Norwalk, CT.
- Self-generate commercial solar leads through B2B, and identify strategic partnership opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of qualified commercial prospects
- Generate leads at marketing events and trade shows
- Use the Company’s CRM, Pipedrive.com, to navigate from the lead generation to the hand off to project management.
- Map out decision making process early in an engagement, establish and maintain a close working relationship at the decision making level
- Follow up on warm organic leads by phone and email and qualify prospects
- Listen to our prospect’s needs and wants
- Articulate and deliver the full economic, strategic, and environmental value represented by the PurePoint Energy and SunPower partnership.
- Deliver proposals and execute sales appointment (virtual and in person)
- Address concerns, doubts, and hesitation (Objections) with prospects to help them move forward in the sales process
- Ensure that every communication and customer touch point ends on a positive note
- Actively seek referrals and introductions to networks of business owners such as Linkedin Groups, Meetup.com groups, or user group meetings
- Coordinate with financing partners and customers to get solar project approvals
- Meet sales goals and milestones
- Attend weekly sales meetings to celebrate wins, learn, stay accountable and solve the most pressing challenges and focus on the biggest opportunities in front of us
- Expand upon solar knowledge with advanced tools and creative solutions
- Full time and occasionally weekends if necessary for an event
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Proficient and organized email correspondence
- Computer Literate
- You are a great communicator
- You like people and care about our customers
- You do what you say you will
- You never want to stop learning
- You wake up motivated to accomplish things
- You follow through with things and like to be accountable for results
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in solar is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The company culture is defined by the PPE Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. PPE’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally. Job Type: Full-time HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS:
- Total Compensation like most sales jobs will be based on performance. Our expectation is that once you’re up and running, you will average $1 million per quarter and hit $4 million per year.
- Total Compensation: $200,000+ (Based on hitting targets)
- Base Salary: $50,000 (Based on Experience)
- Commissions and Bonus Structure: $150,000 (Based on hitting targets)
- Benefits include: Paid time off, health insurance, 401k, mileage reimbursement, training and working at a great company while making the planet a better place!
- There is not a cap on compensation This position is onsite, in the office but also requires field work. We have awesome co-workers and company culture. We host team off-site activities, including, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think that this opportunity sounds awesome and are confident that you would be a great contribution to our team, please put your cover letter in the body of an email to email@example.com and attach your resume as a pdf file. In your cover letter, please include why you believe you are a good fit for the position. Thank you for your interest in being part of our team!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, upload your resume as a PDF file below, including your salary expectations.